Wednesday, June 17, 2015

End of the Year

"We have loved, laughed, played, learned, and enriched our lives together this year. We have grown close and became a family! I wish we had more time together, but I'm sure each of you will be moving on to first grade...being successful and ready! I'm grateful and feel privileged to have had the wonderful opportunity to get to know, teach, and learn from you. It's amazing to see your personality and growth unfold day by day..."


Wow! This year sure flew by fast! We just ended Kindergarten last Friday and it was definitely a bittersweet feeling. I had an amazing time with my kiddos this year! I would like to share some end-of-the-year gifts I made (with the help of the kiddos, of course).

Kindergarten Memory Page
This was a fun experience for the kiddos. They started by decorating one memory page each - "We came as strangers. We leave as friends!" After they were done, I shuffled all the memory pages and each of the kiddos got to pick one out that wasn't made by him/her. They then all went around to stamp their thumbs and sign their names on all their friends' memories pages.

I helped by adding their first day, 100th day, and last day of school photos on the back. In addition, I added a class photo and a little goodbye message. Of course, I also laminated each memory page! Teachers all love to laminate! :)

Kindergarten Memories - DVD
Creating an end-of-the-year video sure took some effort and time...
1. Record each student - What will you remember? What/Who will you miss?
2. Choose and add photos (This was super difficult as I loved taking photos of my kiddos. There were way too may to choose from!)
3. Add music (You've Got a Friend in Me, Friends Forever, We Are Family, We're All In This Together)
4. Thank you message to the parents
5. Review, review, and review! I must have listened and watched for mistakes a billion times!

This year, I took it a step further. Not only did I add the end-of-the-year video but I also included all their iPad projects too! miDVD Pro is great to use for combining multiple videos. It's extremely easy to use - just drop videos in and burn!

GOODBYE KINDERGARTEN 2014-2015!!!

After all this...I definitely needed LOTS of coffee the next day!! It was all worth it though. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment